Shaw Go Wifi

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Roger Monk
      Participant

Has anyone had any success in adding their Tesla to their Shaw Go Wifi account? It seems that whatever browser is in our cars will not allow signing up to our accounts. It would be a useful bonus to have the car lock onto Shaw wifi when we are parked within a service area. Any thoughts?

Looking forward to version 8!

Roger

Hugo Wong
      Participant

I believe the easiest way is to pull the MAC address off of the car (wifi settings> “i” I believe) then from your home computer login to your Shaw account, and input that address into the shaw go wifi section.

The usefulness of this is kind of up in the air because as you drive by different hotspots the car will try to auto connect to each one which could interrupt anything that uses an internet connection (maps, streaming audio, etc.). You could turn off wifi as you drive, but it’s kind of inconvenient to remember.

A better use of a Shaw Go wifi slot would probably be to connect your dashcam such as the BlackVue to it so you can use the cloud functions.

pcarter
        Participant

Agree, don’t have your car remember the Shaw network. Otherwise it causes issues with it picking up networks around the city which connects/disconnects frequently as you are moving in and out of range.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.