RPM Electronics – electric accessories and installations (Burnaby, BC)

: Tesla Owner’s Club of BC Vancouver Chapter Forums Third Party Products and Services RPM Electronics – electric accessories and installations (Burnaby, BC)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      pcarter
      Participant

RPM Electronics

They installed my dashcams and rear applique.

Bruce Sharpe
      Participant

What kind of dashcam did you get?

pcarter
      Participant

DR650GW-2CH http://www.rpmelectronics.com/dashcam-blackvue-dr650

I’ve emailed the owner about a group buy volume discount. 🙂

Paul Carter
      Keymaster

How intrusive was the installation? I’ve pondered getting one (Blackvue was my first choice as it happens…) but stuff I saw on TMC indicated it was a bit of a challenge to find power up there so as to avoid a tucked in or hanging power cord…

I’d probably be interested if the price is right and the install clean enough.

It’s funny… there is an RPM Electronics in Kamloops, but it’s just a small supply store for the electronics repair shops and home hobbyists.

pcarter
      Participant

Not at all intrusive. Was a very straight forward install as I had them take the power from the glove box and up the A pillar. I printed instructions for them and they were done in no time. As I don’t have a pano roof, running the rear cam was easy too, but not a big deal for a pano roof. The newer versions of it have a better straight power/data connector (instead of the prior L) for the rear cam that easily fits through the boot cover that delivers power to the lift-gate from the ceiling.

Paul Carter
      Keymaster

Interesting. I’ve read that some people have tapped the power in the roof area right at the rearview mirror. I’d definitely want it to look inconspicuous!

I’m curious about the GPS… does it work for you? I’ve heard that the shading etc. in the glass causes problems with a GPS lock.

pcarter
        Participant

The GPS works (I don’t have a pano roof) and all wires are very hidden from view. It was very well done install. Some models do have power in the roof area (mic), mine didn’t. That only added a slight more time to pull it from the glove box light (which has constant power).

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.