National Drive Electric Week

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Any interest in arranging an informal club meet in Sechelt, Victoria or Peachland? Discuss and arrange here!

Jeremey Janzen
      Participant

Victoria will hold a Drive Electric Week event on Sunday, Sept 18th, from 10am-4pm in the rear parking lot of 3960 Quadra St, just south of McKenzie Ave. Still looking for volunteer owners of any EV make/model to attend and help get the word out to the public — your EV can be in the static display (with you there to answer questions), or you can offer 5-10 minute rides in a loop around the neighbourhood, or 5-10 minute test drives with you in the front passenger seat. This is all free to the public.

Sign up as a volunteer owner at https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=534, or email/phone Jeremey at jeremey.janzen@me.com / 250.721.2738

pcarter
      Participant

I’ve registered for the Sechelt event. I’ll already be on the coast for that weekend, but can offer rides back to Vancouver after the event. If you want to walk on the ferry to attend I can also pick you up from Langdale.

Paul Carter
      Keymaster

I am tentatively scheduling myself to attend the Peachland event on Sunday September 18th. From the Drive Electric event description:

“Please arrive before 10:30 so we can have a good visit before taking off on short drive.

10:30 – 11:30 meet and line up for 4km drive around Peachland.

11:45 – 12:00 Drive route North from the community Centre to 13th ave, up to highway 97, South on 97 to the Princeton/Beach stop light, North on Beach returning to the Community Centre for a casual gathering.

12:00 – 1:00 Gathering at the Community Centre.

There is also a Peachland Farmers and Crafters market going on from 10-2 in Peachland, so it is a great time to visit the town.

http://www.peachlandfarmersandcraftersmarket.ca/

A DC charger is active in West Kelowna only about 10km away.

For the Tesla owners there is a Supercharger in Kelowna and a lot of wineries in the are have destination chargers.”

I like the sound of the wineries… we might head down on the Saturday and poke around the valley a little, or just drive down Sunday morning on the Coquihalla from Kamloops and amble back on the slower highways.

Anyone else?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Drive Electric Week in Kelowna

White Spot parking lot, McCurdy Road at Highway 97

Sunday, September 9 at 10 AM – 2 PM

Organized by Kent Patterson. The intent is to have an informal show ‘n shine from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM. Then at 2 PM all the electric vehicles will leave parade style and drive south on Highway 97 to Peachland and back, finishing at the Kelowna Best Western to charge and go for coffee. At this point, Nissan, Chevrolet, Hyundai and Volvo will have dealership presences. Current Taxi is bringing their Model X. Motortoyz will bring electric motorcycles and Cyclepath will bring electric-assist pedal bikes.

For further information, contact Kent at 250-215-1675.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.