MetroVancouver: EV Charging in Condos, Apartments and Townhomes

: Tesla Owner’s Club of BC Vancouver Chapter Forums Interesting Articles MetroVancouver: EV Charging in Condos, Apartments and Townhomes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      pcarter
      Participant

Rights for EV Charging in registered Stratas for Condos, Apartments and duplexes/townhouses is not yet mandatory.

Metro Vancouver has created a new website – EVCondo.ca – dedicated to making the process of EV charging in stratified buildings an easier process. In addition to a number of resources, the website also contains a map of EV-friendly stratas throughout the Metro Vancouver area.

Here is a current map showing a few registered so far. If you have an EV friendly strata, please register it on that site.

Thanks in advance!

Current Map as of 2016-08-27

Paul Carter

Paul, I thought I saw a headline recently that suggested some provinces were beginning to draft legislation that would help ‘convince’ stratas to become EV-friendly, by essentially mandating their cooperation. Have you seen or heard anything on this and what is happening in BC? I’m still working towards an elusive approval from a strata at Sun Peaks… 10 months and counting…

pcarter
      Participant

I didn’t see anything and a quick google searched yielded nothing. If you can find something, we should post a call to action here to have people email their MLA about supporting such legislation. Or perhaps if not, asking for it!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.