Invitation: Rally 4 Memories – May 21-23 2016

: Tesla Owner’s Club of BC Vancouver Chapter Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Club Meetings and Activities Invitation: Rally 4 Memories – May 21-23 2016

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeremey Janzen
      Participant

If you’d like to enter a fun event, and help a good cause, check out the Rally 4 Memories now in its fifth year. The 2016 version will go from Victoria BC to Painter’s Lodge in Campbell River on Saturday May 21st. Your entry fee of $600 per car (based on 2 people, driver & navigator) includes:
      • A tax receipt sent to all participants
      • Driver’s meeting kick-off at Max Furniture in Victoria
      • Wine tasting at Cherry Point Estate Wines in Cobble Hill
      • Spirit tasting at Shelter Point Distillery in Campbell River
      • TWO night’s accommodation in an ocean view room at Painter’s Lodge
      • Arrival reception including drinks & appetizers
      • A delicious dinner prepared exclusively for the event
      • A selection of Silent Auction items to bid on
      • And, of course, lunch mid-Island. This year the rally is hosted by Smoke’N Water in Nanoose Bay.

My wife and I entered the 2014 event to Tofino at the last minute, having heard about it a couple of days before on the news. We were the only Tesla amongst a sea of Mercedes, Jaguars, Porsches and the like. The other participants were very friendly. In the 2015 event, a couple from Seattle also brought their Tesla Model S to participate in the rally. Join us this year and really make EVs noticed!!!

Via EV Planner the distance is about 180 rated miles (290 rated km; 265 actual km). There are several Level 2 EVSE’s in Campbell River and plenty up and down the Island. I have spoken with Painter’s Lodge and while they don’t have a Destination Charging setup at this point, they were cooperative in providing a 15A plug last year.

More info and how to sign up: http://www.werageweweep.com/rally4memories/index.html

Direct link to Eventbrite for VISA payment (additional $30 Eventbrite fee): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rally-4-memories-2016-tickets-20023730517 (If the Eventbrite page shows “sales ended”, I think that’s an administrative error and I’ve notified them to fix it. Can also pay by cheque/snailmail/dropoff.)

If you have any burning questions PM me. It would be great to have the Tesla brand outnumber any other brand in the rally!! At time of posting there were 8 (eight) spots left for the rally. Deadline for entry is April 1.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.