Reply To: Tires and Alignment, where do you go?

Paul Carter
Keymaster

As far as I can tell, the suspension is pretty ‘normal’, so any reputable alignment shop should be capable of doing the work. I would call the Service Centre and ask them where they send the cars. I believe that the earlier models did have some alignment issues that caused abnormal tire wear… RWD models perhaps?… so TJ and his guys must have sent a few out for alignment checks. I didn’t notice the equipment in his shop, so doubt they did it themselves (but I could be wrong).

Whether tires or alignment, I would make sure that the shop understands where to lift the car (and more specifically, where NOT to lift the car!).

A tire comment… one of the guys I know with the stock 21’s got a flat. Tesla says the puncture requires a new tire, rather than a repair. Some sort of coating inside the tire. Anyway, replacing one tire means replacing two thanks to tread wear. Only problem, the tires aren’t available locally and will be coming from the states… in a couple of weeks! I don’t know how typical that problem is, but it surprised me!