Reply To: BlackVu Dashcam Installed Group Buy DR650GW-2CH

Ken Neave
Participant

Just a thought about the Best Buy version – their website does not say what size of MicroSD chip is included (if at all). You might have to factor in that extra cost. FYI, I got the 64GB SD included with my 2-channel. It stores about one day of video at the highest quality setting.

Paul – True, the PMP is not really necessary for the MS, but I got it with the package I ordered and installed it, figuring it would be nice just for shutting the cam down if parked for long periods, eg. vacation.

I looked into the “over the cloud” version, as my camera’s hardware is recent enough that I can do the firmware upgrade to take advantage of this. As far as I could tell from my research, you need to have a wifi hotspot that the car can access in order to use this feature. So you would need to connect to a smartphone or some other web-connected data appliance. What I really had a hard time finding out (and still not sure of) is whether the camera will buffer video files on the local SD, then upload all buffered files when a wifi connection is available, eg., while parked at home.